Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Home sweet home

"And people still believe in Global warming....."

Heyyo readers,

I'm back. With or without a bang, that is. As it has always has, there have been plenty of happenings lately. So "The captain has activated the fasten seat beat sign. Please remain in your place and fasten your seat belts."

Starting over from where we left before, here are the epilogues for the things that have already happened -

Our so called "mini-sports" day was over. And I just happened to fall sick on that day! (Nopes. This time I was actually sick) And after that, we had the platinum jubilee celebrations in our school on the 8th of this month. And everyone (Yes, everyone) was literally shocked when I had a perfect marchpast. Some were even wondering if I was on Red Bull. (For those who are wondering, No. I was not on Red Bull.)

As expected, SA and HA easily won the science exhibition. And the science seminar, for which I was waiting eagerly, never happened. It got delayed every day for some reason or the other and now there is no chance for having it (at least for class 12, in front of whom I was wanting to show off :) ) since the class 12 have already had the last day of their school. [Now they will be returning only for the pre-board* examinations and the ISC] So much for preparations.....

And I did manage to see TBBT. The first 4 seasons (HA gave me only 4 seasons. Oh wait. There are only 4 seasons.) And it was ;sorry, IS completely AWESOME. Was worth staying awake a week in a row to just watch it non stop for 10 hours a day :)

And I still am attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis. ;) Only the condition is slightly better now. Slightly.

Meanwhile, i also had conducted an experiment to see how many two-wheelers in Kolkata and Howrah had helmets on all the people riding on the vehicle. Here are the results -


Howrah - 23 Nov '11
With helmet -98
Without - 18


Kolkata - 23 Nov '11
With helmet - 41
Without -39

Howrah - 24 Nov '11
With helmet - 50
Without - 20


Kolkata - 24 Nov '11
With helmet -44
Without - 1
These were the conclusions from the experiment -
  • On an average, about three-fourths of the people have helmets
  • There is no significant difference between helmets ratio in Kolkata and Howrah
  • The experiment data varies greatly on place and time, indicating a very very high dependance on the rule enforcing in a region.
  • I have loads of free time while coming from tuitions
In the other news, my winter vacations have begun yesterday. Finally. Had a good sleep for the third or fourth day in a very very long time (A good sleep that was not on a moving vehicle, that is. Yesterday I was so sleepy that I fell asleep on the bus on the way back [Nothing new about that. I do that all the time. Makes up for a good use of 4.5 hours everyday on vehicles {1.5 for school and 3 for tuitions}] Only this time, I was so asleep that I did not even know when my stoppage came [Would have happened a lot more had my stoppage not been the last stoppage always.] and the bus even moved somewhere else to park it [It was already night then and the bus was to go wherever it is usually parked.] But thankfully, the conductor woke me up in time to get off on my stoppage. Otherwise, I could very well have woken up in the bus while it stood beside some deserted and dilapidated road.)

Intend to do a lot of things this vacations. Have a lot of books to read, a lot of things to be done, a lot of working to do, a lot of things to learn, a lot of things to imbibe, a lot of changes to execute and a lot of sleep to recover. Wish me luck.....

Read the Monte Cristo earlier. Was good, but got wrapped helically around an axis in the end ;) But it was a good read.

One day in the library, I came in with only one motive - To read Paulo Coelho's "Brida". Searched for it in the entire library, but I could not find it at all. Finally, in the end of the period, I spotted it near the librarian's desk. After searching for it for 40 mins!! Went there to take it, and found out that for some weird reason, we were not allowed to take the book from there!! Had to pick up some book, so I randomly picked "Manual of the warrior of the light" from Paulo Coelho. Turned out that it wasnt even a book at all!! All I had in hand was a collection of quotes and ... well... more quotes. One library period completely and comprehensively wasted. [Although it wasnt completely wasted. I kept on arranging the books in the shelves, and the librarian should have been eternally grateful to me for that. But sadly, I didnt even get Brida.]

Meanwhile, AP and RP got a certificate in the school. Whats the big deal, one would say... Yes. Actually, its no big deal. They are in the school band, and therefore it would be a shame if they did not continuously rake up certs. But this time, the difference was that they won it for an event which did not exist!

(Right now, I seem to be unable to be willing to, or able to finish this post, and therefore, I shall post this unfinished one, and try to finish it in the next update. [So typical of me :) Procrastination#, as HA would call it.])

See ya later :)
The Original Soni
18-12-2011
_______________________________________________
* Pre board exams are the school exams we have before the board (ISC) exams
 # Thank you HA, for correcting my spelling of procastination ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment