Saturday, April 28, 2012

Life isn't sad. Its sadistic

Dont know why I named my post so. But it sounds an apt quote. Just made it up a few days ago during a conversation.

So here I am. Back after what one might call a great turn of events. In the past few days, I nearly got kicked out of two quizzes despite being one of the best two quizzards in the school, hauled myself back in with the help of some friends in the right places,very nearly changed my club at school [everything was set - I had talked to the animators at my 'new' club, whose approval was required to change clubs* and was just yet to talk to our principal to finish the formalities] which got stalled under exceptional circumstances, making sure I am still at my previous club without any rhyme or reason, went home on five different days I went home with five different moods over recent happenings on the same topic, made sure the quizzing problem is inextricably solved in a way that ensures that no further event can or will go without problem, thought about the problems and their novel solutions to very complicated probability questions which I made sure to forward to everyone I knew, revived an old debating group to revive an otherwise ordinary debating team in a school with a history of extraordinary debaters, almost killed a proposed newsletter for my club, which hadnt even started yet, correcting my school prefect on the spelling of Debater, making sure 3 out of 5 office bearers this year pledge a party to me, smiled in the assembly FOR ten minutes, explained to my class-teacher the difference between smiling and laughing after the assembly, did not yet give RP the party he was to get for my B'Day 20 days ago, criticized a fellow classmate on a rat-trap he made during class, played a lot of dumb charades in language class(legally), slept a lot in physics class(illegally), spent my entire maths classes thinking about weird problems once I had finished all my problems mentally just after ma'am finished reciting them, spent more than an hour on skype at midnight with HA seeing who could post the most skype smileys without repetitions, did my Moral Science HW for the first time (First time is for any HW, not just Moral science) and easily won one of the quizzes involved (The other being scheduled this June)...

In short, it had been a dull week.

Since I have nothing else to ramble about, I will just speak about two unrelated things.

First, my E63. (No, I still haven't yet bought my android, though I am not sure why. I already have Rs 10000 with me for buying it [which is good enough to buy a very cool phone] but I still havent yet bought it. And I have no idea why) It is the perfect epitome of the "What can possibly go wrong?" scenario. Let me just go through some of the phone's amazing features
  • First the display is just awesome. It sometimes wants to save so much of energy that all of a sudden, its display will go completely blank. Its only after tapping the phone, or, in some cases, politely knocking on the screen, that the display actually works
  • And by works I mean there is the same screen displayed thrice in the same screen space. Space utilisation right? Its only when I knock a few more times that it works
  • The battery is breathtaking. Literally. Until a short while ago, it used to get fully charged in 15 mins from nil charge, and then go back to zero in another fifteen. That too without me being on the phone or doing anything that might consume a lot of battery. Thankfully, I bought a cheap duplicate battery
  • The cell, however, got back its revenge on me. There is just one corner of the display which never works. And it just happens to be the corner where the battery levels are displayed. And thanks to Nokia's great designers, there is no other option I can use to just see the battery levels elsewhere. Now all I know is when my battery is low, full (when charging) or empty [The last one more than the others]
  • Now I happen to be a great music addict. i literally cannot live without listening to music all day, and in some cases, all night. Maybe my music list isnt as diverse as AP says it should be (I still dont find anything weird in listening to the same song a hundred times non-stop AP. Or for that matter, a thousand times ;) [Have done both. :D ]) but it sure isnt restricted to 5 songs of the cell's choice. A weird virus on the cell makes sure no more than 5 songs can be stored on the cell (or all get deleted!!) Whats more, I can almost never change the list of 5 songs. Otherwise all songs get "corrupted"
  • In another weird instance of the virus, every folder's belongings are all replaced by chinese named other folders and the data in them completely erased
  • In yet another instance of the virus, all files transferred directly are corrupt. Only bluetooth has any chances of success. I once tried to bypass this problem by saving the same file in three formats - txt, mp3 and pdf, thinking atleast one will work. The pdf never opened. The mp3 was corrupt. The txt was replaced by chinese letters. Period.
  • The phone speakers, after an unscheduled bath, are plain bad. I once had to wear clumsy headphones just to talk to people on my phone. (I never find the non-clumsy headphones anywhere)
  • Thankfully, I dont use the clumsy headphones with the phone anymore. This is less for the speakers work and more because the phone suddenly decides not to detect any 3.5 mm headphone cord inserted into it. And for the record, I just found my non-clumsy headphones when the jack stopped working.
  • There is an antivirus system that can never be deleted or even stopped. It just goes on indefinitely.
  • For a while, a fortune was spent when the phone automatically connected to GPRS for some app or the other. From the day I discovered it, i simply deleted all options to use GPRS and Wi-Fi. If the phone cannot detect it, it cant use it.
  • More often than not, the memory card is not detected, even when its inside the phone.
I would love to go on about my phone but cannot (not because it would take a lot of space, but more so because those were the basic things I had to say). All I can say is "Life isn't sad. It's sadistic" And no, I still somehow dont wish particularily to change it even now. Its still Kaam Chalau.

And now for the second thing - (found it interesting)


Cheers!!!
Njoy!!
See ya next time (Or as they say in France "Au Revoir")

The Original Soni,
28th April 2012

* Our school has various clubs, which have several activities related to them. Almost every student from 8-12 is member of some club (No student is allowed to have more than 1 club) I have been a loyal member [since 3 years, this year being my fourth] of my school's IT club even though I have not the slightest interest in IT or computers. Yet I do quite a bit of the club work, while the others just sit around in meetings. Not President HA though ;)

2 comments:

  1. I was literally laughin goin thru d 'xtraordinary' features of ur phn man....:D
    its high time, change it nw at least....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D

      I would, but somehow I cannot bring myself from my laziness to buy a new cell... Its as if someone is holding me back, saying "Soni, wait kar... Tere liye iPhone aa raha h :P"

      Delete